Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Social Issue

I did this social issue on teenage pregnancy, showing how it is difficult to carry a baby inside you when there is no father around to help or take care of you and how you are all alone raising a child. It not only affects me to see my close friends and family get pregnant so young and struggle with the consequences and fears but it affects other people like their family and close friends. It affects some more than others because everyone has a different point of view.

I chose this photo of my best friend Luisa; she was really pregnant and due any day from when I took this photo. I chose this photo because I like how it shows that she’s not really happy or sad, she’s just thinking. Also because it reveals her real life situation she was going through at that time (being alone and dealing with the absent father) and still continues till this day, even after she had the baby. I feel really close to this picture not only because she’s my best friend but because I went through all those hard times with her and I was there for her to make sure she kept her head up high. I chose the statement “I’ll be a Great Mother” because that’s what every mother wants regardless if he father is absent or not. It just means that mothers are strong and they can do it by themselves without the neglect and help.

No comments: