In Digital Photography class this semester we have learned so many things, as far as compositional tricks, and also Photoshop, like all the tools, shortcuts, and cool effects that can be done and used to enhance your photographs overall appearance (hue/saturation, color contrast, levels, etc.). Also, how to put a portfolio together to show our work and progress over time on different projects using different skills. I am very happy that I chose to take Digital Photography, because I love to take photographs and use cameras. Now that I learned how to take nice photographs, I know that I will continue to use my knowledge for the remaining years of my life, thanks to Miss. Cook.
I love my portfolio. I feel that I did a good job on it along with the photos because even though some photos may not be my best work, I still did the best I could and I worked hard. I think it turned out great. In my portfolio you will find photos pertaining to rule of thirds, leading lines, macro, extreme angles, crop, and self portraits. You will also find photo projects that I did in Photoshop, my Contact Sheet, Adjustment Layer, Creative Me, Scary Expressions (scary face, ghosts and zombie), Haunted Chavez, Social Issue, and Lyrics photos. There is also an interpretation of the photo “The Scream" by Edvard Munch and a critique on Parke Harrisons “Guardian”.
One thing I think I was most successful with was the “Lyric” project. I truly believe I did well because I chose a powerful song that relates to me in so many ways. It describes what type of person I am and that was the whole intention and purpose. It is my absolute favorite project I have done out of this entire semester. Although, there was a project, or a few projects I struggled with, mainly the Haunted Chavez. My ideas kept changing. I struggled with the positions and places that I thought my characters should be in and I struggled with the emphasis. It was not as clear as I wanted it to be.
In the future I could improve by practicing my skills, knowledge and composition on my own time, like concentrating on lighting, positions, places, and background. Practice makes perfect, and believe it will come naturally to me the more I practice. I have seen improvement in my photos the more I became familiar with Photoshop. In the beginning I struggled with Photoshop but I learned to teach myself. I am proud of the artwork I have done. It’s the start of a great, new beginning and I plan to become enhanced and learn a lot more as I progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kara, your portfolio is excellent. I have watched you this term come in and struggle with many of the projects. This is a great thing, because if you are struggling, it shows how hard you are trying. I appreciate that effort that you put in to each and every project in this class. I am excited, to see what you can come up with next semester. Whether they come from struggle or ease, you have a lot of good ideas inside, that I want to see unleashed. Keep working hard. I love what you accomplish!
Post a Comment