Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Surrealism: A New Beginning


When you dream, you have symbols and see and hear many things that have a meaning to it, but you may not always or ever understand the meaning of them all. Every symbol in your dream can represent your background, emotions, experiences, and it is associated with your own reality. When you interpret your dreams you will have a better understanding and discovery of your true self. In my surrealism picture there are babies falling from the sky, and seeing a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth, and new beginnings. They also symbolize something in my own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless, and/or uncorrupted. It can mean as well, that I have acknowledged my hidden potential. I have an apple tree in my picture but the bottles are taking the place of the apples; seeing an apple tree in our dreams symbolize greatness and magnificence, you have a thought in your mind that you are feeling larger than life itself. The clear, white, fluffy clouds in my picture signify peace within myself, spiritual harmony and compassion. I believe it means that an issue in my life is clearing up and I can think without any distractions or stress. I think it is amazing that just one symbol can signify more than one thing but it can definitely give you a better understanding of why you dream what you dream, why certain things are in them, and what those things mean.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

It sounds like your dreams have been more accurate then you might have first realized. I found the same thing. I thought I was dreaming about silly things, but then, the interpretations are pretty spot on. I look forward to seeing your finished work.