Monday, September 22, 2008

Self Portraits

For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible. One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; one had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.

It was hard to be the model while someone was taking the shot of you. You had to be able to think about where you wanted to be in the photo, where you wanted it to be taken, how you wanted to be positioned, what facial expression to do, and you also had to think about the lighting, if it was to bright, just right, or too dark. I think the most successful photo out of the three is the one below because it's not a photo you would see everyday, it's not a snap shot, my facial expression is exposed well, and it came out creative to where it looks interesting and fresh. Next time I would bring props to show who I really am to make the picture a lot more meaningful and stronger. I would also do different facial expressions as well as poses. Overall I am very happy with the outcome of my self portraits. I think I did a great job.







1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio looks excellent.

I am a little concerned though, I only recieved 3 of your 7 posts. I have just updated your grade, but i want to make sure that doesn't happen again. Next term, will you please remember to check with me after you posts something, make me check my email to see if it went through.