Thursday, May 7, 2009

Personal Metaphor "Melting Like a Heart on Fire"

Melting Like a Heart on Fire
This was a metaphor I made up representing me. I chose this specific metaphor because of what I’m feeling. I feel great love and extreme happiness. It is because of one special person that I have in my life and I am glad that person is in my life. I strongly believe everything happens for a reason. I also chose this metaphor because it explains what happens and how this person affects me whenever they are around.

The most difficult thing about this project was definitely figuring out how to turn yourself into your metaphor. I guess you could say I didn’t really quite succeed in doing this so that is one thing I could have done better, changing myself into the heart. I absolutely did not like the idea of my hands and or legs being outside of the heart. So, even though I didn’t quite change myself into the heart I tried to make my body combine and become apart of the heart by putting veins/arteries around my body and around the entire heart as well. One thing I am very proud of is how I used Photoshop tools to create fire that looks realistic, and it really does. I am also proud of the veins/arteries and how they look because I think it unifies the whole picture. I feel very good and confident about this specific piece of work. I think I did a great job and I actually enjoyed creating it. Out of all the projects this year I would have to say this one is my favorite.

3 comments:

Tirso said...

This is very cool Kara.
You worked very hard.

Mistie said...

Hey, I really like your picture. I think you did a great job on your fire and I think you kept all your edges very clean. Good Job!!

Stephanie said...

I love how your artwork turned out! It really looks like you worked very hard on it! I like how you can see yourself in the heart and the viens look real! But the thing that captured my attention was the fire around the heart and the match lighing it on fire. Good job Kara!